To implement a Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) system that will allow a better performance of the wind generator, through improved operation and maintenance. This systems will be used for the control of the turbine, safety issues, operation mode selection and reliability improvement through preventive maintenance. Converters will be able to work both in isolated grid and connected to the network.
Furthermore, their control will satisfy “The Network Code on Requirements for Generators” which will be certified once they are installed in their final locations.
· To define the parameters, alarms and communication support that the new SCADA system will integrate.
· To develop the software and hardware of the new SCADA system for operation and preventive maintenance of SWTs.
· To develop converters able to work both in isolated grid and connected to the network for the new SWIP electrical generators, able to work at variable speed with improved features and reversible power.
· The fulfillment of the “The Network Code on Requirements for Generators” will be the final target.
· To maintain or reduce cost of the converters enabling the new functionality of grid codes fulfilment.