Baltic Energy Conservation Agency (BAPE) was established in 1996. The mission of the company is to promote and support the activities aimed at increasing the energy efficiency, rational energy utilization and wider usage of renewable energy sources in building and industrial sectors.
BAPE actively cooperates with the stakeholders in Pomeranian Province and helps organizations and individuals tackle legal, financial and environmental challenges of sustainable energy development. It provides consultancy on RES management and energy planning among local self-government authorities, energy companies, investors and energy end-users. BAPE is strongly involved in wind farm due diligence in technical, legal, economic and fiscal aspects. BAPE gained its experience while realizing numerous projects in cooperation with different national and international organizations. Among others, projects realized under Intelligent Energy Europe scheme are believed to be of major importance.
Relevant network and experience in National and European projects
BAPE has broad experience in due diligence of all aspects starting from technical (including calculations of wind farm productivity), legal (including environmental procedures), economic and fiscal finally. All in all the agency carried out due diligence of the projects of more than 1 500 MW. The agency is involved in wind energy sector since more than 12 years. The company organised two international conferences on wind energy and supervised wind farms construction for the crediting bank.
- ENNEREG Regions paving the way for a Sustainable Energy Europe- (IEE project) aims to establish and inspire EU Regions to take up the challenges of fulfilling the EU 20-20-20 climate and energy targets of at least 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, 20% increase in energy efficiency and 20% of energy from renewables by 2020 – one of the most important output of the project is development of sustainable energy plan for the region (http://regions202020.eu)
- ClearSupport – Clearinghouse Support (IEE project) – contributing to facilitate implementation of energy savings in buildings including RES and is linked with EU policy goals (http://www.clearsupport.eu/)
- Centre for Clean and Safe Technologies in Power Engineering (Cleanerpas) 2003-2005 NNE 5/2002/7
- Offshore Wind Energy Ready to Power a Sustainable Europe; Concerted Action on Offshore Wind Energy in Europe. Duwind 2001.006
- Perspectives of offshore wind energy (2005)